ABCD!
At the beginning it seems so simple to talk about things you know well, ABCD, or the alphabet, which is so familiar to everyone and which first comes to mind. However, the core represents something more than that...
Week 2 of the course Building Teacher Skills Through the Interactive Web was very much dedicated to A.B.C.D. method for behavioural objectives. I have learned some interesting things to myself, and my special thanks I would like to express to the course administration, Robert, the course participants and everyone else involved. It is interesting that sometimes you do the things, develop them, receive feedback or give it to somebody else but do it on a reflective level, because this is how you feel towards them, subconsciously. Surprisingly for myself, this week I found out for myself that many things which I have been doing in my teaching almost fully reflected theoretical ground of A.B.C.D. model.
The Week 2 also gave me an opportunity to look at the way how assessment is done by me today, and how I could make it in perspective. What quite often is done by many teachers, and I cannot exclude myself from this list, is that teachers assess students generally, relying on the programme, level of other students in the group, some other obvious factors, however, not often we take into account such important measures as Audience we work with (A), Behaviour (B), Condition (C) and Degree of Mastery (D).
I think taking these four components into account may help a teacher greatly in compiling strong objectives for the classes they teach and create a good link between what students and teachers themselves expect from the class, teaching as a process, and assessment as a result.
For me the lesson is learnt this week! And what about you?
My best regards to everyone,
Yuriy
No comments:
Post a Comment