It seems so little time has passed since I first read the message from Robert welcoming everyone, but it turns to be a week already that has passed since then. Can't even imagine that the time flies so quickly! I wonder if it was so for me only?
The passed days proved me that it is much better when one looks through the things on a regular basis rather than procrastinates them for some time later when they have more spare time allocated for these purposes. In my case I realised it the third day of the course and now on I promised myself to do so every day. Let it be even a tiny effort to understand something, to work something out, but on a regular basis.
I am convinced that the course is expected to be much more energetic, and this makes me even more excited about the things I will be equipped with.
Best of luck to everyone involved,
Yuriy
Hi Yuriy
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments on my blog. Sorry for being so late to post a comment on your blog. The last was a hectic one for me and only today I could at least come back to my blog.
Yes, you are right. As I also have mentioned it, this course is going to be a very exciting experience and I also think we are going to learn a great deal of web tools to be applied in our teaching learing activities. Let us get involved and see what the course has to offer us.
best
Tharanga
Hi Tharanga,
ReplyDeleteHow is your progress going on there?
You know I also had a lot of things to do this week. Work never finishes, so I thought about it and decided that anyway I have to allocate some time for the course too. It was my decision to apply for the course, so I will need to do my best now to take as much as possible from the course. Besides, as the days pass I like the course more and more!
Best regards,
Yuriy
Hi Yuriy,
ReplyDeleteI am also glad to meet you too. Just a few minutes ago I sent you a comment but now it is not visible. I did not understand what happened but all I wrote disappeared. May be it is because of my internet access. The post was about some tips for using blogs with the students. Could you please checj your mail and tell me if you recieve the post. If not I will re-write again in the morning.
See you
Hi again Yuriy,
ReplyDeleteAfter losing all the things I wrote now I am writing on the word to paste in your comment box. I hope it works.Thank you so much for your appreciating what I have done with blog pages.
This is what I wanted to share with you: Tips on blog use with the students. Of course you can use freely what I have suggested in my blog page. It was an amazing experience for me and I believe that you will get better results. Depending on my experience, I just want to remind you some points to be careful while designing your blog based instruction.
First of all, you should create a class blog (any blog pages you establish) and then have your students create their own blogs. They may need your guidance at the beginning so you can do this at a computer lab if you have at school. Then add the links of all the students’ blogs to the class blog. This will enable students to access each other’s blogs easily. This is something like blogroll Robert has created on wiki. (It seems that you have not made adjustments to insert links on your blog). To do this, click on “design” button which will lead you to a window on page elements. Here click on “add a gadget” anywhere on the page. The opening window will provide you options among which choose “pages” and make the necessary changes. After saving, there will be a section for inserting the links of whatever you like. One more point is that if you want to give surface level feedback to your students or want to edit their posts/pages, you should have your students to give permission to you. In order to do this, each student should go to “settings” part and then click on “permission” and “add author” buttons to allow you to edit their posts. I tried this feature effectively as I was giving feedback on students’ language use by using colour codes. It was quite advantageous. Such a thing is also necessary because the students may attempt to plagiarize so you may have to interfere immediately. I had such students in the past. Instead of trying to find the student to make him delete the plagiarized part, I could easily enter his blog and delete the post or gave the reference. Even one of the students put the pictures of naked women in his blog. Of course the students can do whatever they want with their blogs but if the blogs are a part of educational program, then there must be someone to control the process. So I definitely advise you to make the students allow you to edit their blogs. I wish you success in your practice with blogs.
As for the meaning of my name, “ay” means “moon” and “sel” means “flood”. When it is used as a proper name, it means “as bright as moon/moonlight” The dictionary says so. I did not understand why the building company used this name as their label because it is not a common practice in our country to use such ordinary women names in such a context. But I guess something different: In the past, there was a GSM company in our country. Its name was similar to mine in pronunciation. Its name was “aycell”; “ay” for the “moon” which has a symbolic meaning in our culture and “cell” for “cellphones” their work area. May be the people you met were working for that company. It was a very active company and it is likely that they may have come to your country as well. It is still active but they changed its name. I am pleased to see that .
Anyway, let’s keep in touch since I really want learn about your experiences with blogging.
Thank you very much Aysel!
ReplyDeleteYour explanations are very easy to understand, I hope I will not ruin them when following in my blogging. I am still not very good user. :(
You know, I also had a problem several times when everything what I produced in the comments part, disappeared at the right moment when I was about to finish. So pity! Since then I also use the strategy to produce the text in the Word first, and then copy-paste it into the comments space in the internet.
Wow, the meaning of your name is so romantic!!!
Yes, let's keep each other updated about the progress we make, because I think it is now the best opportunity for al of us to learn from each other.
Many thanks,
Yuriy